We currently have the opportunity for two new Governors to join EMCC UK. The purpose of the EMCC UK Governing Body is to provide governance, support and resource to the executive team and to members. As ‘guardians of the constitution’, the Governors’ role is non-executive, offering oversight of how the organisation might best function and evolve. They also provide specific areas of expertise which add value to the organisation.
The Governors aim to:
• engage with and represent the interests of members with the Executive
• confidently fulfil the role of a ‘critical friend’ – providing useful challenge, support and perspective
• provide a sounding board for Executive team as required, on an individual or group basis
• be a visible presence at EMCC events with an explicit role to promote the organisation and seek feedback
• ensure EMCC professional standards are upheld
• encourage membership uptake
• work with the Executive to ensure the organisation is well run and financially viable
Read more on our Governing Body page.
The Governing Body is a small group of volunteers, but working with EMCC UK is rewarding and contributes to the development of the profession we are all so passionate about.
For an informal discussion about the roles, please feel free to contact Claire Davey, our Chair of Governors, Rita Symons, our President, or Peter Duffell, our Governance Director. Peter will also be able to provide you with the forms you will need, to complete and return by the closing date.
Applications close on 18 September 2020.
Other vacancies and opportunities