The mentoring special interest group explores all aspects of mentoring in today’s organisational, public and charity sectors, and provides support to mentors and those delivering mentoring programmes.
Who is the group for?
Anyone who is interested in mentoring, either as a mentor, mentee, or programme manager – and anyone who has a passion for mentoring.
Why join the group?
There are a number of good reasons to join the group. Here are some of them. The group:
- provides a forum to share experiences of mentoring
- helps to develop best practice
- generates new and creative ideas
- signposts research on mentoring
- enables members to feel re-energised and equipped to drive transformation and the development of mentoring cultures within their organisation
- raises the profile of mentoring
- creates a space where members can make relationships with a view to providing mutual support outside meetings of the group
- builds the potential for collaboration
Information and meetings
The group meets online every two months, with guest speakers, networking and discussion.
For more information on this group or to register your interest in speaking at a future meeting, please contact:
Fiona Porter and Sue Brown
To view upcoming meetings for this Special Interest Group, please visit our events page.
The lead coordinators
Fiona Porter – Fiona is passionate about developing others, having worked in learning and development for the last 25 years, predominantly in leadership training, coaching, and mentoring. She is a member of EMCC’s Mentoring Programme project team, helping to deliver and develop the programme. She volunteers with the Princes Trust, CIPD and EMCC as a mentor and coach.
Sue Brown – Sue is a master executive coach and founder of Smart Coaching and Mentoring. With over 25 years’ experience as an international business leader and coach, Sue has a passion for enabling people to fulfil their true potential through leadership development, coach and mentor training and executive coaching. Sue also supports EMCC in a volunteer capacity as a global accreditation coach and mentor for newly qualified coaches.
More special interest groups