We relaunched and revitalised the EMCC UK Mentoring Programme earlier this year. Jessica Shields, an EMCC UK volunteer who managed the programme, writes about how the scheme creates opportunities for young professionals, and opens up mentoring to people with diverse expertise and experience.
Our mentoring programme is live for all our members to either develop themselves as mentees, or share their expertise as mentors. It is an excellent opportunity to connect, learn and grow in a professional capacity. Following three successful years, our mentoring programme boasts many benefits, as I’ve found in my own experience, which I share in this short video:
Here are some of the benefits our programme offers:
• The opportunity to give back to the coaching community by offering your knowledge and expertise as a mentor.
• The ability to connect with highly experienced mentors and learn from their experience, skills and knowledge.
• Receiving mentoring in areas such as: developing a successful coaching practice, action planning, skills development, building resilience and confidence, support for those recently qualified in coaching and mentoring, marketing your practice, and professional development.
• Developing your mentoring skills in a safe and professional environment, becoming more familiar and confident with working online.
• Mentors have access to supervision and mentees have access to action learning sets to connect with peers.
• Building professional connections within the coaching and mentoring field through networking with other EMCC UK members.
• Access to MentorNet, the platform we use to make matching with mentors an easy and fluid process.
• Develop your learning of current topics and trends in coaching and mentoring by connecting with mentors and mentees who hold specific knowledge in these areas.
We’ve received very positive feedback from previous mentees and mentors. Here are two video testimonials we’ve received about the programme from Julie Allan, of Julie Allan Coaching, and Tim Anderson, of TPA Coaching & Supervision Services.
If you’re interested in either becoming a mentor or mentee on our programme, follow this link to the Mentoring Programme page (or use the link under the Resources tab above).
Photo: Unsplash/Manuel Nägeli